Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Master's Academy Homeschool


Recently, my husband and I joined for orientation at Homeschool Global (formerly TMA Homeschool). We’re planning to homeschool my “makulit” son. The topic was clear, simple and understandable. Though my son was so noisy…but still they could be able to deliver the topic and not easily distracted. I’ve learned from the orientation that we parents should not send our children to school just for them to learn on what their teachers taught them so and finished schooling, but we as parents should be part of it! They told us that homeschool teaches how to live a worthy and meaningful life.

My husband and I prayed if God allows to homeschool our son. We been praying for that since before we had our son was born, and we included in our prayers that if homeschool would have high school then it's His will. As the years goes by, our son Otnie nearly get his age for schooling, we’ve heard that Homeschool Global (formerly TMA Homeschool) going to have high school and that's the real go for us to send our son to Homeschool Global (formerly TMA Homeschool).

I’m so excited to have my son homeschool but yet he haven’t reach the right age for him to start. But yet I already started teaching him how to read and write through playing, singing, dancing, talking, and tell a story. I really thank God that He is always there to help me and give me wisdom how to teach my son. But I’m so amazed! coz’ at early age my son learned how to read simple word and became so independent. I also thank my husband for he is always there to support me and encouraging me not to give up.

Homeschool isn't so stressful for kids and not always rushing to go to school. They study at home or any place which is comfortable for kids. They would learn how to have devotional bible study, it’s another step that they would know God. Parents and kids would have closer relationship. As parent-teacher, we give more encouragement to our children to have passion in learning and we could easily help them on things they don’t understand, like...which academic subjects they are weak.

If socialization is the problem which others are telling… Oh! well…the primary or basic socialization starts at home. As parent-teacher, we are the "primary" role model of our kid(s). We are the one who will teach and show it to them how to interact with others.

Homeschool is not a whole day activity at home, there would also be time for gathering in homeschool-coop. They do have fun workshops, outreaches, field trips, retreats, sports, music. In every events, they could meet different kinds of people and make more new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment