Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day...

I Want You to Know

Dearest little one, I want you to know
that I fell in love with you
the first time I saw your face,
that I knew the moment I held you
I would fight tigers for you,
that there were days I just held you
for hours and we sat and
warmed each other.

My tiny explorer, I want you to know
the pure joy I felt watching you
drink in your bright new world,
small hands reaching, grasping
anything you saw, eyes
widening in amazement
at the wonder of everything
from teddy bears to keys.

My sleeping angel, I want you to know
that I can't rest at night until
my fingers have touched the softness
of your sleeper and waited
for the slow rise and fall
of your breathing. My hand
strokes your head and
silently I pray God's protection
on you, now and always.

My independent one, I want you to know
I applaud your efforts to try new things,
knowing that with each fresh skill
you need me less and less,
knowing my goal is for you
to leave me one day, to fly
all on your own.

Flesh of my flesh, I want you to know
that I delight in the miracle of you,
that helping you grow
into a woman, God's woman,
is my redemption, my purpose.

Dearest child, I want you to know
I would still fight tigers for you.

--- KATHERINE TRACY---


Being a mother is the toughest job things to do. Lots of understanding, patience, sacrifices, responsibility and commitment...that's what we called L-O-V-E.


This mother's day, lots of people greeted me. One thing for sure that i'm waiting for my son, what will be his surprise? hmmm... i'm imagining of whether he kisses or hugs me, then saying "happy mother's day". Suddenly...i saw my husband taught our son how to greet me by saying "happy mother's day". But when my son came in front of me, he said "mommy, me pray!". He closed his eyes and hands together, then started to pray "God...bless mommy and give strength...Jesus amen", after that he kissed me saying "happy mother's day", WOW!! i'm so touched and i cried, I didn't expect that my son will do such a things like that, he's only 3 years old.

Children are very special gift from God, they're only ours to nurture and train them for a while because they are belong to God. Don't take it for granted while they're still little. Just enjoy in every moment and treasure it with lots of wonderful memories.

To all mothers... cheers! Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment